AR and VR are about to bring a drastic change in the lifestyle of humans. As a matter of fact have already brought in the change. Once an innovation without bounds, the truth is presently being utilized as a part of everything from PC gaming to antiquarianism and therapeutic research.
The usage of Virtual Reality and Augmented reality terms is increasing in the digital world. However, they are both often used as synonyms, although they are different technologies. But what is the difference between VR and AR.
What is Augmented Reality?
Developed by the US Air Force in 1992, Augmented Reality (AR) is a next-level interaction with real-world entities, where the computer-generated perceptual information is enlarged over various tangible modalities, sound-related, including visual, olfactory, somatosensory, and haptic.
What does AR do?
The essential estimation of AR is that it brings segments of the computerized world into a man’s view of this present reality, and does as such not as a basic show of information, but rather through the incorporation of immersive vibes that are seen as common parts of a domain.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Augmented Reality
- AR technology helps in increasing accuracy and efficiency.
- People can share their knowledge and experiences over long distances.
- It helps in individualized learning and increases the learning process.
- AR has provided a huge platform for app building with continuous improvement.
- Nowadays, users are more concerned about their privacy and AR does not provide user privacy. If we neglect security
- concern, it can lead to security contravention.
- Augmented Reality is much costlier than others.
- A large number of people are using lower-level performance devices where AR doesn’t fit properly.
Practical Application of Augmented Reality
There are a few interesting applications created based on Augmented Reality, which shows the technology has a wide range of possibilities for both private and business users.
- For translating text into other languages, many modern applications available in the market based on AR.
- Through Augmented Reality, easy connections between customers, colleagues, and technicians can be made.
- AR in logistics and construction is a lucrative way to increase employee efficiency and business processes.
- In the printing and advertising industry, fading in digital content on real magazines works fine.
What is Virtual Reality?
The Sensorama (the early form of virtual reality) was introduced in 1957 but was put into action in 1962. Virtual Reality (VR) is a situation that is created with programming skills and exhibited to the user in such a way that the user experiences it as a genuine and real-world surrounding. It can be sensed with sound & sight.
What does VR do?
We believe what we see. Thus VR with the help of a stereoscopic display creates a 3D world that allows the users to experience the actual look & feel of that particular display. The different angles, depth parallax & shading techniques used in VR create a lifelike experience.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Augmented Reality: How to decide which one is best between Augmented Reality vs Virtual Reality. Let’s have a look at the Advantages and Disadvantages of both.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Virtual Reality
- Users can experience virtual reality in all the aspects
- It can provide huge amount of benefit to education sector
- It can expand the learning capacity of a person.
- It is very cost-effective. This is the main disadvantage of Virtual reality
- Genuine interaction is not possible in VR
- It can temporarily transfer one’s life in virtual world.
Practical application of virtual reality (VR)
Virtual Reality is very much famous in the world of video games. Besides that, it also offers wide range of other possible applications.
- For Sports, VR provides digital training for athletes to measure their own performance and techniques.
- For Medicine, VR can be used for anxiety and post-traumatic stress. Also, it helps trainee doctors to perform surgical techniques.
- For the Military, VR can be used in battlefield simulations and flight simulators.
Virtual vs Augmented Reality: Which Should be Chosen? A Direct Comparison of Two Technologies.
AR and VR are different from each other in many aspects. Therefore, this comparison does not mean one is better than the other. Both technologies stand out in different ways.
- AR is 25% virtual, while VR is 75% virtual.
- AR users are connected with the real world, while VR users are completely in the financial world.
- AR doesn’t require a headset device, while VR does.
- AR completely depends on the real-world scene, while VR completely depends on the virtual environment.
Augmented Reality vs Virtual Reality: The Similarities
- AR and VR both use a portion of similar kinds of innovation, and they are used to serve the client with an upgraded or improved understanding.
- The two advancements empower encounters that are ending up more regularly than expected for businesses, entertainment purposes & training. The market leaders are continuously growing new adjustments, and enhancements, and launching an ever-increasing number of items that are helping these innovations.
- There is no AR vs. VR for the medical sector. Both technologies have an awesome potential to change the scene of the restorative (medical) field by making things, for example, remote medical procedures a genuine possibility.
Augmented Reality vs. Virtual Reality
- Purpose: AR is used to enhance to add digital info or data to something. Whereas VR is used to create a simulated environment.
- Usage: AR is used in apps & games for entertainment purposes. E.g. PubG. Whereas VR is used to view that is actually not in front of you. An unreal world.
- Technology: AR works by consolidating present reality with the virtual world. Designers make pictures or sounds in applications so it blend with this present reality content. Whereas, VR makes its own existence that is PC-produced and driven.
- Devices: AR is generally experienced in smartphones, laptops, and projectors. To experience VR you need a head-mounted glass & a mouse like a hand controller.
Augmented Reality vs Virtual Reality: The Future
To effectively vanquish the difficulties required with working out augmented reality and virtual reality innovations while staying aware of market desires, organizations might need to consider banding together with experienced sellers who can furnish complete results improving the designing capacities.
Well, AR and VR have the capacity to hit the market giving competition to each of the technology, as about 90% of the companies in the market anticipate that the industry will help meet AR/VR requirements — from creating plans to fully assembling capacities. #ARnVRTheNextGenerationTechnology.
Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality: A Successful Mutualism
The combination of both AR and VR results in excellent results. It is clear that they both are different technology. However, when combined, they provide an enhanced and more attractive experience. Concetto Labs offers you great solutions to create both VR and AR apps.
Connect with our Experts to See a Demo of our AR Business Solutions Book Your Demo
Manish Patel is a Co-Founder of Concetto Labs, a leading mobile app development company specialized in android and iOS app development. We provide a one-stop solution for all IT related services.