Let’s have a look on Node.JS with its Pros and Cons:
Node.JS is firstly written in 2009 and the purpose behind that is to create dynamic web pages before they are sent to the browser and as the day passed it became one of the most used tools in back-end development.
Pros of Node.Js:
- As the single language used on both sides of the application, it became easy to keep frontend and backend in sync.It considered as fastest for Chrome’s V8 engine.
- The reason Node.JS is favorite among microservice architectures is that Node.JS is highly scalable and lightweight.
- It fits well for designing architectures with the help of Node modules that represent the building blocks of Node.JS functions.
- The non-blocking input-output model that allows processing number of requests at a time and these make Node.JS highly efficient to process multiple requests with less CPU usage.
Cons of Node.Js:
- As it uses a non-blocking input-output model for processing requests hence it’s considered a single thread by nature.
- NPM registry seems to be quantity but not quality driven.
- As the core products prove to be stable and well-tested other rest of the NPM registry is badly documented and poorly structured. There is something not uncommon for open source projects.
- The major drawback we can consider is that whenever there is a heavy-computation request Node.JS setup block on the other request on the thread and cause an overall delay.
Node.JS is a lightweight tool and powerful for full-stack development. All tools come with some weakness and for Node.JS we can say performance bottleneck for CPU heavy operations but it has a lot of good things like the project is strongly supported by the enterprise giants who invest in its development as well as the community also.
You must be thinking what about others ReactJS, AngularJS, and VueJS, no need to worry, here we have a detailed comparison of all three of them.
Let’s Have A Look At Detail Comparison Of ReactJs, AngularJs, and VueJs:
|Type||A Framework||A library that builds UI||Library|
|Founders||Powered by Google||Managed by FaceBook||A former Google Employee has created|
|Initial Release||Sep – 2016||Mar – 2013||Feb – 2014|
|Types of Application||Native Apps, Hybrid apps and Web apps||SPA and Mobile apps||Advance SPA and start supporting Native apps|
|Model||Based on MVC – Model, View, and Controllers||Virtual DOM – Document Object Model||Based on Virtual DOM – Document Object Model|
|Learning Curve||Steep Learning Curve||A bit easier than Angular||Small Learning Curve|
|Developer – Friendly||Use a structure-based framework||If you want to have a flexible development environment.||If you want to have separation of concerns.|
|Popularity||Widely popular among developers||More than 27,000 stars added over the year||During the year on GitHub, more than 40,000 stars added.|
|Companies Using||Google, Forbes, Wix, and weather.com||Facebook, Uber, Netflix, Paypal, Walmart, Reddit, and others.||GitLab, Alibaba, Baidu, and others.|
|Ideal For||If you want feature-rich applications and focus on large-scale||For native-rendered apps for iOS and Android and also for Modern web development||Ideal for single-page application and web development|
All these are pretty fast and production applications are running with all three of these.
With this, I’m not declaring anyone as a winner but I can encourage you all to have a look at this at your own. For some of the applications, AngularJs will be good, for some of them may be ReactJs will be the best.
We can say there is no better worse one as they follow different approaches and philosophies.
So, if you go through all these Node.Js will be still relevant in 2019 as in the market lot of frameworks and libraries but I can encourage you to dive into all of them and select the best one as per your preferences to create great applications.
If you are looking for developing your next project with Node.JS, Connect us to the Node.Js development company India. Being a react js development company we serve Node.js, together with Angular and ReachJS, and delivers robust enterprise solutions.
As a Nodejs development company, we also offer versatility to deploy web apps and APIs that can be used with robots as well as microcontrollers using Node.Js.