Android 7.0 Nougat Features
Android “Nougat” is the seventh major version of the Android Operating System and finally, it is here! Nexus devices being the first to receive the update. The LG V20 was the first new smartphone released with Nougat.
Nougat may not have delivered the same visual overhaul that was delivered in Android Lollipop, two versions ago, but Nougat does provide a lot of major improvements and sophistication over Marshmallow, along with quite a few arguably more important usability changes. It includes a variety of new features and capabilities for users and Android app developers.
If you are wondering what all the major new features and changes have been introduced in Nougat by Google, read below.
Better Performance for Games and Browsing: Android 7.0 integrates Vulkan, a new 3D rendering API, into the platform that is designed to minimize CPU overhead in the driver, which allows GPU operation more directly.
- It can also enable multiple threads to perform the work, such as command buffer construction at once and provide better parallelization.
- To play the games and other similar application on the same phone it allows to use of a multi-core processor, so we can expect better performance over time.
- Apart from these functionalities, there are some optimizations added to the way applications run in the background which stops unnecessary access to RAM and enhances mobile performance.
Split-Screen Mode: With Nougat, Google has added a major characteristic that’s been a long time to come: split-screen support. Google’s implementation is similar to the Multi-window feature. By long-pressing the recent apps button, you can put an app in split view mode which then also brings up the recent apps switcher at the bottom of the screen to allow you to select the second app you want in split view.
- Usually, the split-screen mode gives 50% of the screen area to be used, but this can be changed to one’s liking. They may change it by dragging the handlebar between the apps up or down.
- Nougat has added a “clear all” button at the top of it through which it can reduce the number of apps that appear in the multitasking view.
- The great news is up until now, split-view multitasking was only available on Samsung and selected LG devices. Despite this, with the Nougat, this feature will be available to all Android Devices.
Power-Saving Features: New features of Android marshmallow 6.0 called Dose can preserve the battery while the phone is lying at rest and idle but now this feature is even more improved and effective in Nougat Android 7.
- At present, your devices can drop into lower power usage while it is in your pocket or bag or when you are on the move.
Virtual Reality: Android 7.0 is Designed to give for well built Virtual Reality experience with the Daydream platform for VR headsets.
- To let developers build high-quality mobile VR experiences for users, Nougat adds platform support and optimizations for a new VR Mode.
- There are several performance intensifications, including access to an exclusive CPU core for VR apps. Within your apps, you can take advantage of intelligent head-tracking, and stereo notifications that work for VR.
Direct Reply: The new version of Android is come out with an overhaul in Notification as well.
- When the notification pop-up on the top of the screen it offers custom views along with the direct reply. This can help you to answer a text or chat message directly from the notification pane.
Quick Setting: The top of the notification panel in Android 7.0 Nougat is now available with the features of quick toggles for WI-FI, Data server, and other important system settings.
- It can be accessed by using a two-finger swipe down gesture from the home screen or by swiping down once with the notification panel.
- Quick Setting has now graduated to a completely developed feature in Nougat such as you can be able to customize the tiles being displayed in Quick Setting not only by adding new tiles but also by rearranging the existing tiles in the order you like.
Faster and More Secure: As always, Android is built with powerful layers of security and encryption to keep your private data private. In the nougat devices, new features like Seamless updates, File-based encryption, and Direct boot are added.
- Seamless updates: New Android device with Nougat 7.0 can install software updates in the background which means there is no need to wait while the device installs the updates and optimizes all the apps for a new version.
- File-based encryption: Android Nougat is capable of isolating and securing the files of an individual user on the device.
- Direct Boot: Direct Boot helps to start your device in a faster way and it helps to run applications securely even before you unlock your device when your device reboots.
All these features mentioned earlier gives us the certainty that Android nougat is far better than the previous version of Android. If you want to know more about Android 7.0 please visit Android app development company in India.
Concetto Labs can help you to create Android App Development.
Concetto Labs is a web and Mobile application development Company in India as well as an Android Application Development Company that has developed a large number of Apps. Their development expands several apps like educational, Shopping, and Travel more. Concetto Labs is the best place to Hire Android App Developer.
Feel free to contact us for any queries.
Concetto Labs can help
create Android App Development.
For More Information
Manish Patel is a Co-Founder of Concetto Labs, a leading mobile app development company specialized in android and iOS app development. We provide a one-stop solution for all IT related services.